Composed 2012 for Concert Band
Originally titled “It’s 7/8 Somewhere,” Septo was premiered on May 8, 2012 by the Fillmore Central High School Concert Band. Heptaphobes should consult their psychiatrists before performing this piece.
The idea for Septo came long before a note ever hit the page. After I wrote Tuo Edisni (The Caktak March) and The Eucant March, I pondered more ways to slander and defame the march, the idea for a march in 7/8 time came to mind. Then I took it one step further and added lots of 7th chords and seven bar phrases to make it even more awkward for the listener.
The piece finally came to fruition through the Symphonic Composition Project in 2012. I wrote the piece with as many sevens as I could think up and used the students’ writings to facilitate it.
Check It Out:
Request a score
Check out the song
- ✓ Score emailed directly to you
- ✓ Study the piece to see how well it fits your ensemble
- ✓ You get an email that isn’t spam OR a meeting notice – how exciting!
Purchase this piece
It’s all yours!
- ✓ Score and parts emailed directly to you
- ✓ All parts sent as universally-accessible PDF files
- ✓ Unlimited copy permission granted to purchaser – if your percussionists lose their music, you can print them another one (again)!
Prices in USD